Monday, March 4, 2013

If you can't stop the train, at least slow it down


When I met Kim, I knew that I had a glimpse of my life in about 10 years. She has two amazing kids, Erin & Brandon, and they are all so close. Her son has a love of baseball, and her daughter has a love of dance. We made sure we took photos of them with the things that they love, so she wouldn't remember the little things like her son tossing the baseball throughout the day, and her  daughter lovingly holding her pointe shoes.


There were other photographs I wanted to make sure I took. I wanted her to remember her kids being as close as they are now; both living at home with her. Before she knows it, her kids will be graduating, going to college, getting married, and starting families of their own. This precious time she has with them will be a happy memory and she will look at these photographs and remember. Remember how tight her daughter holds on to her arm, how her son laughs with her, and how her kids have the best time together even at a photoshoot with a stranger. 


I am so lucky to have been able to photograph this family and remind myself how fleeting the golden age of your children's childhood is. I know that in the blink of an eye, my kids will turn into teenagers, and then in another blink- adults. I have to remember to slow down and soak it all in while I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover