Friday, February 22, 2013

Pinterest Tips: Client Inspiration Boards.

Not sure if you are following me on Pinterest, but if you ARE you may have noticed a few changes I have made



I have done a ton of research on how to utilize Pinterest for your business. Here's a new tip I found that really made me realize it was time to stop randomly pinning every single thing all over the place and take the time to purge my collections and start curating my content more. I mean really- 13,221 pins? Now you know what I do with my life.



I recently watched a creativeLIVE class on Building a Successful Boudoir Business. I don't know if I'm going to take the Boudoir plunge or not, but it's always interesting to me to see how to integrate other people's business models into my own. Jen Rosenbaum had a TON of really interesting elements to her business, but my favorite tip was that she creates custom Pinterest Boards for her clients so they can get a visual idea of her vision and everyone can come into the shoot on the same page. I was making pinboards for my glamour clients anyway, but wasn't sharing them with the clients. Getting your client's input and suggestions for their own shoots is a brilliant idea, and it also shows that you are spending a little extra effort in planning the perfect shoot for them.

After my consultation with Jessi, I knew she was looking for photos to use online for her various internet projects so she needed a lot of headshots both professional and more showing her funny personality. So, when I was coming up with her Pinboard, I specifically looked for images that featured women in comedy.




I found some amazing images of Amy Pollard, Tina Fey, and Zooey Deschanel and this one was especially inspiring to me. I thought that this would be the perfect shot to recreate with Jessi, and here's what I came up with.



Creating pinboards for clients is very addicting, the sky is really the limit on how elaborate you want to plan your shoot. I have a ton of shoots coming up in March, so keep an eye out for my client's images that are inspired by their own custom pinboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover