Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Quilt For Clementine: Part Two

After going over quilt pattern after quilt pattern and then realizing I need to go as simple as possible to ensure this quilt for this baby is actually going to get finished- I decided on Anna Maria Horner's Folk Dance Zag Quilt Pattern


I dig Anna Maria's Bohemian vibe, and the girl as some crazy sewing and fabric designing talent. She also has a ton of kids, and I love reading her blog- it's so inspiring to see someone that has such a big family balance her life to be there for the ones she cares about and live her dream and let her creativity soar. I haven't had the chance to buy her books, but I think I need to plan a trip to Barnes & Noble to scoop them up and add them to my library.

As far as fabrics go, at first I wanted to stay in the grey/neutral palette that we chose for her Nursery Nook, but then I realized that I wanted something a littler girly for Clementine, and since she would be moving into the twins room eventually; I should make something that would go with their Heather Bailey fabric scheme. I decided on Heather Bailey's latest collection, Garden District fabric collection- here are my favorite prints from that line.


I'm placing my fabric order this weekend, and can't wait to get my hands on these luscious colors and start cutting and piecing the quilt together! I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover